The essential role of education in the development of a child


Dear All


As it is said, “Learning is finding out what we already know. Doing is demonstrating that you know it. Teaching is reminding others that they know just as well as you. We are all learners, doers, and teachers.” It brings me immense satisfaction and pleasure to see children dwell under my guidance. For not only I teach them, but I learn the most from them. I believe that well begun is half done, my students have always inspired me every day to start with a new beginning. With all these experiences in my hand the best subject I like to deal with is the, child’s psychology and we as teachers know the best how to tackle and mould the growing years of a student’s life. Teacher’s talent of understanding the child’s mind and ideology is hardly ever given any importance. But recently I was fortunate enough to get a golden opportunity of delivering a series of lectures which were telecast on the education channel Vyas of Doordarshan (managed by UGC). It was about “The essential role of education in the development of a child”. When we talk about development of child, I guess marks, academics percentage are not the primary criteria to judge a child. For me aptitude consists of only about 20% of our personality whereas our attitude that includes holistic approach, our etiquettes, our smartness and our behavior consists of 80% of our personality. Also every student persists a unique talent, and it is the duty of a teacher to polish and recognize the talent.

In the lecture I basically briefed, what is education, how it helps a man to alter his mistakes. How a man can capture his or her passion and recognize his shortcomings and how education helps a man to overcome them. There were also discussions about what is the significance of education. What is modern education? I hope through my every word I was able to inspire students. And yet again on 13 December 2011, I had to deliver a speech on “Effective schooling and effective school”. In this lecture my basic focus was on the modern day schooling, and what it takes to make and alter the attitude of students for these are the only years which make or break a child’s career. I feel so delighted to have such students with me in my school who always aspire me to get the best out of me.

Thank you dear students. 

To view to my interview, kindly follow the links displayed below.

Day 1      Day 2


H.R. Sharma

No comments:

Post a Comment